(Photo from an earlier version)
This is so good you will be seriously laughing idiotically. I’m not joking.
Do exactly what this says and do not stray in any way. Do not add anything. The amazingness is in the simplicity.
Enough Pasta for 2
3 or 4 fresh tomatos
2 or 3 big cloves of garlic
1 Big bunch of fresh basil
1/2 can of black pitted olives
1 package of fresh mozzerlla
For the salad:
1 head of good green and red leaf
1/4 of a white onion
1 small green bell pepper
1 small bunch of sprouts
1 tin of anchovies in oil, the long skinny ones
Plenty of olive oil
Fresh cracked black pepper AND fresh cracked sea salt.
A bottle of red and/or white
1. Prepare the Salad. Clean and cut the lettuce, slice the onion as thin as possible, on a slicer if you have one. Cut the green bell pepper pretty thin with a knife. Cut the sprouts in half. Throw in all a ziplock and give it a good shake and throw it in the fridge. This will infuse all the flavors of the onions, sprouts, lettuce, and pepper together. Seriously. Makes all the difference. Do it in the morning you are gonna eat this is you can.
2.Peel and slice (not chop) the garlic. Clean and cut the tomatoes into 1/8s. Clean and separate the whole basil leaves. Cut the Mozzarella into cherry sizes.
3. Get the pasta going, little salt and olive oil in the pot. Cook it al-dente.
4. While the pasta going, heat a big frying pan with a GENEROUS amount of olive oil. Don’t be shy at all. The more you use, the better it will taste. Fellas, the pan doesn’t need to be on high, a couple over medium will do. Throw in the sliced (not chopped) garlic before the pan is too hot. Let all the oil take up all the flavor in the garlic.
4. Before the garlic begins to golden, add half the tomatoes let them ‘melt down’ a bit and crack some salt and pepper into them. A beautiful sauce will start to form at the bottom of the pan. Let the tomatoes continue to melt a bit more into the sauce, then add the rest of the tomatoes and the black olives and let them cook just a bit before adding the pasta
5. Add the al-dente pasta and all the fresh mozzarella and all the basil (save a few leaves for garnishing if its a date and you are trying to impress). Stir it, flip it, fold it, get the sauce at the bottom of the pan on top of the pasta. Add a generous pour of olive oil to the pasta the pasta, Stir it some more, add more olive oil and cook until the sauce starts sticking to the pasta. Add more salt and pepper. Time to eat.
6. Throw the salad in a bowl, crack a bottle of wine, doesn’t matter which, throw the baguette in the oven, open the anchovies, put them on the salad, drown in balsamic and yet more olive oil and top with crushed black pepper.
7. Pasta in the plate. Top with a basil leaf, cheers, and eat to your hearts delight. Moan and shout exclamations about how its the best goddamn pasta that ever was! Laugh to yourself about how good it is. Save the best bite for last. Note: Once you’ve eaten all the anchovies, dip the baguette first in the anchovy oil then clean your salad plate with the bread. Then repeat with pasta dish until every last crumb is in your happy buddha belly.
8. Undo your belt buckle, leave the dishes in the sink for later, then have your wife make you an espresso while you share the recipe the Best Goddamn Pasta you will ever eat in your entire life with the rest of the world.